Monday, April 22, 2013

Field study thoughts

edit: OOPS. I messed up and accidentally posted this on the class blog, so I'm moving it here now. Thanks to Ben for catching it.

I've been thinking about who I could interview and what concerts I could attend. I guess I could talk to anyone really, but I think I will start with UCSD professors and performance students. Some concerts I've been thinking about attending are: Christian Wolff, La Jolla Symphony, Camera Lucida, Baroque Ensemble, Indian Music, and jazz concerts. I'm also going to look into concerts outside of the music department (acapella, taiko, sungod maybe?). Please share if you guys know of any!

I also hope to be able to talk to the concert-goers as well as it is really the performer-audience dynamic that I would like to explore (of course, is anyone performing if there is no audience?). I want to know why they attend these concerts, how they perceive certain aspects, and how they react among other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment